Best Things to do in Incline Village, NV
Incline Village, just seconds over the order from Lake Tahoe, is known as the ultimate playground for people of all ages. As a result, the list of the best things to do in Incline Village is nearly endless. Here, we’ll try to break it down so visitors can maximize their time and enjoyment of our beautiful area!
Incline Village is long known as a winter mecca because there’s never a shortage of wintertime things to do in Incline Village! Whether you prefer skiing, snowboarding, tubing, or just sitting by the fire with a beverage, you’ll find your happiness here.
Incline Village has more ski resorts within a 100-mile radius than anywhere else in the US. You’re sure to find a favorite, among the following:
- Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort
- Heavenly Mountain Resort
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort
- Powder House Rainbow Mountain
- Alpine Meadows at Palisades Tahoe
- Boreal Ski Resort
- Diamond Peak Ski Resort
- Donner Ski Ranch
- Granlibakken Ski Area
- Homewood Ski Resort
- Mt. Rose Ski Resort
- Northstar at Tahoe Ski Resort
- Soda Springs Ski Resort
- Sugar Bowl Ski Resort
While typically regarded as a winter destination, many people don’t realize the wide variety of summer activities in Incline Village, too!
Whether you choose a relaxing walks around the lake, to invigorating mountain biking, or lively water sports, there’s something for everyone here.
While you enjoy a challenging game with your best buds or new friends, also take in the stunning mountain peaks behind you. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, there’s a course for you. They include:
- Genoa Lakes Golf Course
- Lake Tahoe Golf Course
- Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course
- Tahoe Paradise Golf Course
- Bijou Municipal Golf Course
- Carson Valley Golf
- Northstar Golf Course
- Resort at Squaw Valley Golf Course
- Old Greenwood Golf Course
- Gray’s Crossing Golf Course
- Old Brockway Golf Course
Is enjoying the scenery one of your favorite things to do in Incline Village? Ours, too! What better way to get to know an area than by taking in its natural scenery? As far as scenic vistas go, you won’t find much better than the Incline Village area. As a matter of fact, from towering peaks to a sparkling lake, to groves of pine-scented trees, it doesn’t get any better.
A few of the most popular hiking trails include:
- Frog Lake, Winnemucca & Round Top. This one is great for kids, with its one mile hike from Carson Pass near South Lake Tahoe. If your kids are older or more experienced hikers, add another 1.5 miles up to up to Winnemucca Lake.
- Spooner Lake Loop is a well-maintained and gentle 2.1 mile loop, which follows the lake and provides lovely views.
- Tahoe Meadows Interpretive Loop is one of the few trails to welcome handicapped visitors and is flat and gentle. It passes through granite boulders, pines and streams and offers views of the mountains and the lake.
- Loch Leven Lakes Trail is a little more challenging, but the payoff is worth it. The 8-mile round trip hike requires a full day and offers swimming holes along the way.
Is mountain biking one of your favorite things to do in Incline Village? You’ll love the following biking paths:
- Tahoe City to Sugar Pine Point is great for families and more casual bikers. It’s 9 miles long and runs along the west side of the lake.
- Pope to Baldwin Beach Bike Path is a 4-mile path that goes past Camp Richardson, Tallac Historical Site, and Fallen Leaf Lake.
- The Triangle is for more experienced cyclists, at 75 miles long along highway shoulders and some paths. It begins in Truckee and heads south on Hwy. 89 into Tahoe City.
- The Power Line Trail is a great bike trail for beginners. It’s 7 miles long and traverses pine forests and creeks. Flat and easy, it connects to other trails.
If boating and fishing is on your list of favorites things to do, you’ll love it here! The area is home to a wide variety of fish, including lake, brown, and rainbow trout and salmon. Most fish caught her are wild, making them far more desirable than hatchery fish. They are also more challenging! Here are some of the most popular fishing holes:
- Truckee River – West Shore Lake Tahoe
- East & West Carson Rivers
- Boca & Stampede Reservoirs – North Lake Tahoe
- Caples Lake – South Lake Tahoe
- Donner Lake – North Lake Tahoe
In thinking about your favorite things to do in Incline Village, you might not think of gaming. In fact, you might not even know it’s available! However, Incline Village is right on the border of Nevada and the area is home to a multitude of casinos. Whether your game is slots, craps, cards, or any combination thereof, you’ll love the casino action here! Some of the most popular area casinos include:
- Hyatt Resort and Casino
- Montbleu Resort and Casino
- Harrah’s Lake Tahoe
- Crystal Bay Casino
- Biltmore Lodge and Casino
- Lucky Beaver
Do you love a small-batch craft beer? Perhaps an ale, a lager, an IPA, or even a stout? You’re in the right place! The Incline Village area has turned into a beer-lovers paradise, with a lively craft-brew scene. You’ll find that checking out the local breweries might just become your favorite thing to do in Incline Village. Check out a few of the following:
- South of North Brewery
- South Lake Brewing Company
- Sidellis Lake Tahoe
- Bear Belly Brewing Company
- Alibi Ale Works
What’s a vacation without touring some of the local sites? With the unique and beautiful scenery to explore, be sure to set aside time to enjoy the riches of nature. Here are some of the most popular tours to get you started:
- Tahoe Adventure Company offers full day tours of the entire area. Adventure enthusiasts can choose between kayaking, mountain biking, rock climbing, and snowshoeing. Looking for a little something different? Book the full-moon and star tour snowshoeing adventures.
- Camp Richardson Corral and Pack Station offers good ol’ fashioned horseback rides, wagon rides, steak and barbecue dinner rides and backcountry pack trips. Get in touch with your inner pioneer!
- Tahoe Photographic Tours with a seasoned photographer will show you a Lake Tahoe you’ve never seen before.
- Tahoe Balloon Company for a truly unique and memorable experience, book a hot air balloon ride with the Tahoe Balloon Company. You’ll be talking about it for years!
Our Very Favorite Thing to do in Incline Village: Dining!
Who doesn’t love a good meal? With all the truly incredible restaurants in the area, you’ll find that dining out is at the very top of your best things to do in Incline Village. Here are some of our favorites:
- The Lake House Restaurant
- Bert’s Cafe
- Cafe Fiore
- Scusa Italian Ristorante
- Edgewood Restaurant
- Sprouts Cafe
- Christy Hill
What are some of your favorite things to do in Incline Village? By and large, we know one of ours is always shopping! And above all, we always in locally owned shops with interesting and unique merchandise. Accordingly, here is the comprehensive list of all the great shops and boutiques in Lake Tahoe:
What’s one of the most important decisions you’ll make for your Incline Village vacation? Where to lay your head at night! And we’ve got many beautiful properties to choose from, whether you’re planning a romantic visit, a friend’s getaway, or a family vacation. Check out our vacation homes!